Monday, October 09, 2006

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

1. Like Eating Grass
2. Helicopter
3. Positive Tension
4. Banquet
5. Blue Light
6. She's Hearing Voices
7. This Modern Love
8. Pioneers
9. Price of Gas
10. So Here We Are
11. Luno
12. Plans
13. Compliment

This is one of those rare albums where finding a single great track is extremely difficult, only because all of them are amazing. Bloc Party are an indie rock band (I'm just gonna assume they meant to name that after me but made a typo) from the UK (I think from Essex to be exact but I'm not sure, Prem can probably help us out on that). For those of you who have never really given this type of music a go I highly recommend you do, it's great to just throw on once in a while. It's especially good if you like to wave your arms around like an idiot acting as if you know how to play the guitar (I don't speak from experience ... I swear). This album isn't particularly new, in fact the next album is meant to be released soon, and I'll be sure to keep you all posted on that when it is released. However, it's age (about 2-3 years old I think) shouldn't put you off it, it's some of the best indie rock music around. It might also be interesting to note to some of you (and I mean those of you who have always had the impression that all types of rock music are white-people only genres), that the lead singer for Bloc Party is black (or African-British... I'm not even sure what the politically correct term is anymore). Usually I would have recommended this album a few months ago because it's great to throw on when the sun's shining away, however, here in Canada it seems the sun shines in October too so I suppose it's not too late yet. Like I said before, those of you who've never even given this genre a try, definetly need to check out this album. Then, if you decide you don't like it, at least you can say you've given it a try. Enjoy.

Torrents:
- Demonoid (registered only)
- Torrentspy

2 Comments:

Blogger Shaz said...

Mmm BP, so delightful, it's the only album that makes calculus dance worthy.

8:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well thet's for winter

8:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home