Saturday, October 07, 2006

CD of Enlightenment II Coming Soon!

I've started thinking what songs to put on the next CD of Enlightenment (COE) and so far I've narrowed it down to:
  • Brother Ali - Star Quality
  • Brother Ali - Pay Them Back
  • Common - Testify
  • Common - Chi City
  • Dead Prez - We Want Freedom
  • Dead Prez - Happiness
  • Eminem - Stan
  • Gangstarr - Above the Clouds
  • Gangstarr - Royalty
  • Gangstarr - What I'm Here 4
  • Gangstarr - Nice Girl, Wrong Place
  • Gangstarr - Peace of Mine
  • AZ - I'm Back
  • AZ - Hustler
  • Immortal Technique - The Rebel
  • Immortal Technique - Revolutionary
  • Immortal Technique - Point of No Return
  • Immortal Technique - Industrial Revolution
  • Jedi Mind Tricks - Saviorself
  • Jedi Mind Tricks - The Philosophy of Horror
  • Jedi Mind Tricks - As It Was In The Beginning
  • Jedi Mind Tricks - The Apostles Creed
  • Jedi Mind Tricks - The Deer Hunter
  • Jedi Mind Tricks - Uncommon Valor
  • Jedi Mind Tricks - Razorblade Salvation
  • K-os - Heaven Only Knows
  • Mos Def - Speed Law
  • Mos Def - Mr.Nigga
  • Mos Def - Hip Hop
  • Mos Def - Champion Requiem
  • Mos Def - Zimzallabim
  • Andre Nickatina - Ayo
  • Blade - Escape
  • Blade - Third Eye
  • Dilated Peoples - Worst Comes to Worst
  • E-Life - K.I.T.A
  • Layzie Bone - Listen
  • LOX - Recognize
  • Mista Cane - Choices
  • Nas - Affirmative Action
  • Nas - The Second Coming
  • Ras Kass - Amerikkkame
  • Ras Kass - Conceited Bastard
  • Ras Kass - Get At Me
  • Ras Kass - Interview With a Vampire
  • Nas - Dance
  • Nas - The Message
  • Ras Kass - Disenchated Hero
  • Talib Kweli - Get By
  • Talib Kweli - The Proud
  • Talib Kweli - Memories Live
  • Talib Kweli - Good Morning
  • Talib Kweli - Rush
  • Nas - One Mic
Obviously, narrowing that down to 18-odd songs will take time. That, combined with the fact that I'm still waiting for Blade's newest track to be released before I get this out means I really can't say when this'll be out. But know that i've at least started thinking about it.

Indy
(P.S - Feel free to add suggestions that you'd like to see on the CD, or any from the list that you'd rather not see make it.)

1 Comments:

Blogger P said...

Right, to be honest, I haven't heard more than half (by that I mean I've heard 10) off that list so I won't be commenting on what you should take off it.
I realise that this is the second of your Enlightenment CD's so when i recommend this first track I hope your reply is "That was on the first one dopey!". Dead Prez - Hip-Hop.
Another one is Beastie Boys - It Takes Time To Build. But I know you don't really like/listen to them, but have a go, its a good track (even lyrically, which is new for me!)
I've just seen GZA on my playlist, I'm going to stop here because this list my get a tad too long.
Anyway, all the best getting that list down to 18ish.

11:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home